Vacancy advertising guide
The Guidance and Employability Team (GET) provide assistance with all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. This may involve basic advertising of your job opportunities, to more extensive support in helping you to identify suitable candidates for specialist schemes or vacancies.
Who can recruit?
GET offers its services to the following:
- Local small and medium enterprises
- Graduate employers of all sizes, including those running graduate recruitment schemes
- Charities, not-for-profit and voluntary organisations
- University of Greenwich alumni who are in a position to offer advice on employment, mentoring or training.
Types of vacancies
Our online advertising and vacancy tool (Prospects Net) is FREE to use, and means you can currently reach over 4,000 students who are seeking work, such as:
- Part-time/full-time employment
- Graduate employment
- Short term/fixed term/permanent employment
- Voluntary work
- Work experience/industrial placements/internships
- Seasonal work.
How to advertise online
The two-step process involves an initial registration, which allows you to manage your company profile and vacancies online.
To register now, click here. Follow the online prompts, and once you have successfully registered you will be able to login using your username and password to then upload your vacancy.
(Note: all existing employer members of the online vacancy system prior to January 2011 are required to re-register as the system has been significantly updated).
Tips for attracting the right candidates
- Provide full contact details (including named member of staff) when initially registering your company
- Provide as much information as possible in the job description and person specification
- Ensure the wage/salary meets or is above the National Minimum Wage (NMW)
- List the requirements you are seeking from the ideal candidate in terms of qualifications, experience, and skills
- Set a clear closing date for applications (we allow for your vacancy to be advertised for at least two weeks, to generate as much interest as possible)
- Provide background information on your company/department
- Indicate when the interviews/shortlists might occur (in terms of giving students advance notice ahead of exams/vacation periods)
- State the location, salary (where applicable) and duration of the job role
- Mention any eligibility criteria (in terms of non-EU/UK residents, Criminal Records Bureau check, etc)
- Ensure your vacancy meets with current UK employment legislation and is not discriminatory against any student on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, disability, sexuality etc
- We do not advertise any dissertation, essay or coursework writing services from organisations
- We do not normally advertise work that provides any form of self-employment (including freelance work).
The Guidance & Employability Team (GET) will only advertise vacancies that are based within the United Kingdom. GET will also decline advertising any voluntary opportunities which are outside of the Greater London and Kent region. If you would like to discuss your vacancies with a member of GET staff, please contact us at email@example.com or 020 8331 8582.